- 2018 – Shaquavia Warner, Miami Edison Senior High School
- 2017 – Asa Hussain, School for Advanced Studies
- 2016 – Steven Espinoza, iPreparatory Academy
- 2016 – Leo Haines, MAST Academy
- 2015 – Laura Katz, Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School
GSA Leader of the Year
- 2019- Steven Bartumeu,iMater Academy Charter Middle/High School
- 2018 – Omlesna Suarez, iMater Academy Charter Middle/High School
- 2017 – Dylan Barrolobre, Miami Palmetto Senior High School
- 2016 – Victor L. Mederos, Cutler Bay Senior High
- 2016 – Leo Haines, MAST Academy
- 2015 – Laura Katz, Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High
- 2015 – Kimberly Blandon, Hialeah Gardens High School
Youth Ally of the Year
- 2018 – Sophia Botran, Miami Homeschool Rainbow Alliance
- 2018 – Daphne Martinez, Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School
- 2017 – Precious Darling, Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School
- 2016 – Gabriele Cano, Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High
- 2015 – Steven Espinoza, iPreparatory Academy
Community Organization Youth Leadership Award
- 2016 – Abigail Barron, Pridelines Youth Services
- 2016 – Cam Cano, Safe Schools South Florida, Living Rainbow, and Krop GSA Spectrum
- 2015 – Leo Haines, Pridelines Youth Services
Bishop S.F. Makalani-Ma Hee Wind Beneath Our Wings Award
- 2019- Delika Dutov, Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School
- 2018 – Taylor Ross, Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School
Wind Beneath Our Wings Award
- 2016 – Maria Noya, MAST Academy
- 2016 – Daniela Basail, Westland Hialeah Senior High
- 2016 – Vanessa Hinde, Living Rainbow
- 2015 – Jessica Murray, Living Rainbow
Available Scholarship Opportunity
Here are scholarship opportunities for LGBTQ student. Most scholarship opportunities occur January-April. Go to the website provided to find information.
Safe Schools South Florida
Safe Schools South Florida offers the Robert E. Loupo, Jr. “Legacy of Change” Scholarship for M-DCPS graduating seniors who are advocates and/or activists, dedicated to upholding the dignity, rights and equality of the entire LGBTQ community, both in school and at large.
Applications are due April 23, 2019.
Aqua Foundation for Women
Aqua Foundation for Women provides scholarships to benefit lesbian, bisexual, and transgender students attending or entering college. We identify emerging leaders and help them develop and grow through our scholarship program, which includes a component designed to facilitate collaborative and leadership skills.
LEAGUE Foundation – LGBT National Scholarship Fund
The LEAGUE Foundation provides financial resources for America’s LGBTQ high school seniors entering their first year of institutions of higher learning. The scholarship application opens annually in January and closes in April with awards distributed in the summer of each year.
PFLAG is the nation’s largest family and ally organization. PFLAG National Scholarship Program supports the next generation of leaders who have already been working tirelessly on numerous programs, projects, and activities aimed at making schools and communities safe and welcoming for all.
Point Foundation National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
Point Foundation empowers promising LGBTQ students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential – despite the obstacles often put before them – to make a significant impact on society. Point Foundation promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development, and community service training.
Unity Coalition offers LGBT scholarships for the arts, cosmetology, design, and education.
Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida
The Young Conductor Program fosters music excellence in a young student from the South Florida Pride Wind Ensemble by placing them in one-on-one sessions with Chorus conductors and featuring them on the podium in the June concert. This program features a $1,000 scholarship for the student to continue his/her music studies. Email email@example.com for information.
Hialeah Pride/AIDS Healthcare Foundation Future Bright Minds
The Hialeah Pride/AIDS Healthcare Foundation “Future Bright Minds” Scholarship is for graduating Seniors of Miami-Dade Public Schools within the city of Hialeah who are advocates and/or activists, dedicated to making a positive and direct effect within the entire LGBTQ community, both in school and at large
Applications due April 23, 2019
Stonewall Community Foundation
Founded by Peggy Traub and Phyllis Dicker, the Traub-Dicker Rainbow Scholarship is awarded to students across the country who are women-identified lesbians and demonstrate their dedication to making a difference through their aspirations and actions. Applicants are judged on academic achievement, community service, and an interest in social change. Several winners are chosen each year and awarded scholarships of up to $3,000.