Safe Schools South Florida, in collaboration with Miami-Dade County Public Schools, announces Diversity & GSA Empowerment Day 2018!
All of Miami-Dade GSAS, related groups, and their sponsors welcomed.
Registration and resource fair begins at 8:00 a.m. Diversity celebration and GSA empowerment 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
At the Coral Gables Congregational Church located on 3010 De Soto Blvd., Coral Gables Florida 33134
(Directly across from the Biltmore Hotel)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 28
- Maximum 12 students/school.
- Bring various grade levels to insure leadership can continue at your school.
- 1 chaperone per every 12 students is required.
- Lunch provided.
- Each group must find and reserve its own bussing using M-DCPS-approved bus transportation.
- Each attending school can request a $100 transportation stipend to defray bus costs.
- We encourage schools to connect with neighboring schools to coordinate bus reservations and combine stipends to pay for a single bus.
GSA LEADER AND YOUTH ALLY AWARDS
- Winners will be announced at Diversity & GSA Empowerment Day.
- This is a 2-part process. Sponsors must complete the first section; nominees
must complete another.
- Please have BOTH parts of the application submitted by February 28.
- Submissions will be acknowledged by email 1-3 days after receipt with a
link for the section to be completed by your student nominee.